Are you ready to influence connected devices that are changing the world? If so, keep reading.
As a studio division of VSC, Wareness.io is focused on working with entrepreneurs to shape products, create compelling brands, developing unique messages that resonate with consumers. From concept to market adoption, we fill in the blanks for our clients by building stories that create momentum to move the needle with success as evidenced by our recent work with Coin and Tile.
Our teams have the opportunity to work with the most innovative minds and companies around. Over the past decade, the voice of our agency has shaped trends that are reflected in the games you play, the apps and services you access on your smartphone and the marketing campaigns that move you.
VSC clients have exited to the tune of $6.2B to the likes of Google, Visa, Valueclick, Ebay, Nokia and GREE to name a few. Wareness is our next chapter.
Be a part of the community that was rated PR News’ Best Places to Work in 2012. Enjoy all the benefits from bi-annual retreats to Healdsburg and Mexico to incentive based prizes and bonuses. At Wareness, we strive to take care of the family the way we want them to take care of our clients.
Who should join the team:
We're looking for smart and experienced professionals with relevant PR or related marketing and/or branding experience to join our team. Experience with start-ups is a plus, and experience with smart hardware products is a double plus!
The open position will work directly with our senior PR teams, interact and lead day-to-day client support activities and handle direct media relations for our clients for Wareness clients and beyond.
* Project management
* Client relations and reporting
* Media relations
* Strategic writing
* Creative thinking
* Undergraduate degree, relevant college or entrepreneurial experience.
* Relevent PR or relevant professional experience (consumer high-tech, hardware, software-for-hardware (SFH), gaming or mobile industries)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Understanding of crowdfunding and interest in the technology sector.
* Acute attention to detail, with superior grammar.
* Team player who can work and play well with others.
* Creative writing and journalistic research ability.
* Passion for pop culture and social media -- you live on Twitter/FB/Instagram and whatever is next.
* Ability to generate creative and out-of-the box ideas.
* Thrives while working with short lead times and deadlines.
* Relationships with media, bloggers and journalists.
* Ability to adapt quickly to changes in direction!
* Consumer TV and print PR experience a plus - please send portfolio of previous coverage.
Start Date: ASAP
Term: Full time
Please apply with the following:
* Two paragraphs on why you want to work with Wareness.
* List of news media and bloggers that influence you.